In 2012 I wrote a review of Soul Trader – Putting the heart back into your business.
The book was written by Rasheed Ogunlaru the life and business coach for the Business & IP Centre since our earliest days. In my review I praised Rasheed for writing in a style that brought his amazing positive energy on to the page through to the reader.
However, there is no real substitute for seeing and hearing him in action. Something he has now addressed with Soul Trader – Coach Yourself Video.
In this video Rasheed covers the same seven plus one C’s used in the book:
- Introduction: Get ready; how to use video to help you grow.
- Clarity: Set your vision, mission & goals, find your unique path.
- Customers: Know who they are & learn how to win their hearts
- Courage: Grow confident using your inspiration / inner strength
- Co-operation: Build rich relationships to help your business grow
- Conversations: The art of converting contacts into business.
- Creativity: Tap into the energy, framework and flow to flourish
- Compassion: Taking care of yourself, others and business. 9. Change: How to face it, embrace it and shape it.
Once again Rasheed’s wonderful blend of passion, soulfulness and practical hard-headed business advice make for a powerful combination. Only this time you can hear the energy in Rasheed’s wonderfully mellifluous voice, and see it in his eyes and his body language.When he takes you through a practical exercise, of which there are many in the video, and then tells you to pause the video to write your answers down, you really feel you want to do it.
As in the book, Rasheed emphasises the importance of being clear about, not only what you want to achieve in business, but about your personal life goals, and how well they fit with your business aspirations.
He gets you to conduct a personal SWOT analysis (strength, weakness, opportunity, threat). Which is an excellent way of helping to discover what you do well, and what you need to work on or get help with. Next in importance is your customers. Who are they, what are their problems, needs and desires, where can you find them, and how much will they pay?
The video concludes by reviewing the changes you will need to be prepared to make to adapt your business and yourself to a constantly changing environment. To ensure your business continues to develop and succeed over time.