I’ve just finished watching a short BBC documentary following Richard Reed of Innocent drinks company (On The Road With… – 4. An Entrepreneur). You might recognise him as one of our speakers at our recent The secret ingredient event. And, in fact the documentary ends with some clips of Richard at the evening.
Watching Richard reminded me how many of the most successful entrepreneurs are their own brand. I suppose Richard Branson and Virgin would be the most extreme version of this.
So it is timely that our partner Rasheed Ogunlaru will be running a workshop on this very topic here in September.
Be Your Own Brand: A unique one-day course to take you and your business to the next level.
Are you an entrepreneur, sole trader or small business? Is marketing, promotional and PR support beyond your budget at the moment? If so, then you must become your own brand. Leading life/business coach, PR and media specialist, Rasheed Ogunlaru, shares insights into raising awareness of your business, promoting yourself, broadening your networks and boosting your business – and your success.
He is joined by solicitor-turned-business advisor, Helen Parkins. Helen will show you how to develop powerful partnerships and when you’ll need to introduce the right legal agreements and abide by current rules and regulations to fast-track your success and avoid the pitfalls.
Benefits of attending and areas covered:
- Develop a powerful sense of your brand and values
- Communicate your message clearly and effectively
- Be seen as a specialist in your field
- Precise marketing: approaching the right customers directly
- Build your business through contacts, partnership, joint initiatives
- Identify simple ways of increasing your impact and profitability
- Promote yourself as an expert in your industry or locality and in the media
Cost: £60 (lunch not included – but available in the library’s cafe/ restaurant)
How to Book: email firstname.lastname@example.org to book your place. When booking please include:
10.am-4.15pm Tue 21 Sept
10.am-4.15pm Thurs 25 Nov